Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Gratitude

Aunt Leslie got us this book called " Prayers and Promises for my Little Girl." The first prayer is titled "Prayer of Gratitude for My Little Girl." Such a WONDERFUL gift. Thank you Aunt Les:) It takes the words right out of my mouth.



"Lord, I thank you for this precious gift of my daughter. You have given her to me and now I dedicate Laurali to You. You alone know what she needs. I release her to You to care for and protect, and I committ myself to pray for everything You put on my heart. Teach me how to pray, and guide me in what to pray for with regard to her life. Help me not to impose my own will when I'm praying for her, but rather enable me to always pray that Your will be done.



Because Your Word says that every good gift comes from You, I know that You have given her to me to raise. Help me to do that. I invite You to be in control of her life. I rely on You for everything, and this day I trust my child into Your care."



God promises "I will pour water on him who is thirsty, and floods on the dry ground; I will pour My Spirit on your descendants, and My blessing on your offspring."

~ Isaiah 44:3



Of course it has been tough having Braden gone. My heart aches for him more than anything. But how can I feel anything but grateful for what God has given us? I wonderful home, beautiful daughter...we are provided for, loved dearly, and supported indefinitely. God has given me such a grateful heart. After we dropped Braden off to deploy, God whispered in my heart "be joyful in all circumstances" and that is what I've been striving to do. Let me tell you, it changes EVERYTHING. Thank you all for loving us and bringing that joy to us. As Braden and I sign all of our letters...God is good <3

No comments:

Post a Comment